August 22, 2018, St. Louis, MO
In association with the Design + Diversity Conference
Antionette Carroll, Founder, Creative Reaction Lab
Antoinette is the Co-Chair of the Design for Inclusivity Summit and co-founder of the Design + Diversity Conference. Former president of AIGA St Louis and founder of AIGA Diversity & Inclusion task force.
Albert Shum, CVP Design Content & Devices, Microsoft
Albert is the Co-Chair of the Design for Inclusivity Summit. He is CVP design and content publishing at Microsoft where he directs the windows & devices group design and content teams.
About Design for Inclusivity Summit
On the day before the Design + Diversity conference in St. Louis, AIGA along with key partners will:
- Convene key industry leaders, equity advocates, and activists, and the Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) task force in a working session to share what’s working and address what type of inclusivity is missing in the design industry
- Set a holistic strategy for the overall design industry and co-create a call to action to the industry that will take multiple forms–including scorecard, an implementation, shared vision
- Build, as a result, a stronger, more connected community
How you can participate
We will invite a mix of AIGA chapter leaders, D&I task force and chapter leads, National Board members and design industry and community leaders to participate in a working session that will be set in an intimate setting. Our goal is to share and disseminate what’s working and what’s missing in our current industry practices. Expecting 75-100 active participants.
The day will be divided into three parts and will encourage participants to think at various scales.
- Micro: Individual (designer)
- Moderate: Group (AIGA chapters, agencies,
- Macro: System (communities, design profession)
We recognize that inclusivity is a complex, long-term challenge and it is our intent to strengthen the support for the people and companies who are doing this work, and want to do more of it, by creating community, forging connections, providing support, and greater access to resources.
Mainstage Speakers: What’s working followed by dialogues
- Gender Identity
Roundtables: Industry and community experts on
Inquiry–conversations: Forge shared vision, roadmap, and call to action
We will encourage participants to share and upload what’s working onto the information hub. We will also aggregate “what’s working,” best practices and share them on an information hub that will persist on aiga.org
Participation is by invitation only.
If you want to request additional information about the event email us at [email protected]
Some parts of this program will be streamed.