The Design + Diversity Fellowship program identifies and supports emerging under-represented designers with a passion for making positive change within their communities as well as the creative industry. It is a year-long program with the goal of providing mentorship, professional development and access into organizations across the country. The culmination of the fellowship is a self-directed local Design + Diversity micro-event.
Selected D+D Fellows will receive:
- Free admission into the D+D Conference, inclusive of airfare and hotel
- Admission to the Fellow-Only programming
- Hands-on mentorship from Design Leaders across multiple industries
- One (1) year subscription of Adobe Creative Cloud
- One (1) year of free web-hosting through Adobe Business Catalyst for their portfolio website
- So much more!
Selected D+D Fellows are required to:
- Attend monthly video calls.
- Actively engage with cohort via Slack, in-person, etc.
- Develop, coordinate and execute a Design + Diversity micro-event.
To qualify, applicants must:
- Currently, reside in the United States—you do not have to be a U.S. citizen.
- Identify with/be a member of an under-represented group as it relates to race/ethnicity, gender identity, ability status, socioeconomic class, a first-generation college student and/or veteran status.
- Be currently enrolled as a Junior or Senior at 4-year accredited college/university within the U.S.
- Have completed a Certification Program (i.e. General Assembly), graduated from a 2-year Institution (i.e. Community College) or 4-year
- College/University between June 15, 2017, and June 15, 2020, with a major in a creative field of study.
- Clearly communicate your passion for the creative industry, diversity and your community (as you define it).
Design + Diversity Conference goal is to inspire, celebrate and promote diversity within the design community. This is impossible without the support of our attendees, volunteers, organizers and generous sponsors allowing us to provide limitless impact to the creative community. As sponsors of the Design + Diversity Conference, your contributions help support our local and national design community. Your generosity allows us to continue to build platforms and strong networks across design from graphic design and user experience to architecture and industrial design.
Interested in becoming a Design + Diversity Sponsor?