The Design + Diversity Fellowship program identifies and supports emerging under-represented designers with a passion for making positive change within their communities as well as the creative industry. It is a year-long program with the goal of providing mentorship, professional development and access into organizations across the country. The culmination of the fellowship is a self-directed local Design + Diversity micro-event.
Selected D+D Fellows will receive:
- Free admission into the D+D Conference, inclusive of airfare and hotel
- Admission to the Fellow-Only programming
- Hands-on mentorship from Design Leaders across multiple industries
- One (1) year subscription of Adobe Creative Cloud
- One (1) year of free web-hosting through Adobe Business Catalyst for their portfolio website
- So much more!
Selected D+D Fellows are required to:
- Attend monthly video calls.
- Actively engage with cohort via Slack, in-person, etc.
- Develop, coordinate and execute a Design + Diversity micro-event.
To qualify, applicants must:
- Currently, reside in the United States—you do not have to be a U.S. citizen.
- Identify with/be a member of an under-represented group as it relates to race/ethnicity, gender identity, ability status, socioeconomic class, a first-generation college student and/or veteran status.
- Be currently enrolled as a Junior or Senior at 4-year accredited college/university within the U.S.
- Have completed a Certification Program (i.e. General Assembly), graduated from a 2-year Institution (i.e. Community College) or 4-year
- College/University between June 15, 2017, and June 15, 2020, with a major in a creative field of study.
- Clearly communicate your passion for the creative industry, diversity and your community (as you define it).
Here's a link to the essay questions we ask during the application process.